I don't know what to do...


I don’t know what to do….

Sometimes writing comes very easy to me. And there are times like today when it doesn’t.

I just don’t know what to do.

We got some not so good health news today.

And I don’t know what to do.

I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old at home missing their daddy.

And I don’t know what to do.

I am looking at my husband sitting in a hospital bed

And I don’t know what to do.

I don’t know. I am a planner. I am a thinker. I am an organizer. I am always on top of every responsibility.

But I don’t know what to do.

I don’t know if I am supposed to go left or if I am supposed to go right.

I just don’t know….

I have absolutely always hated not knowing. I like to have everything lined up with my nice little to-do lists. I like to know.

But I don’t know what to do…

But then God whispers, “I have not asked you to figure this out on your own. I have not asked you to drive the car you are in. I have not asked you….But I have asked you to trust in me with your whole heart. I have asked you not to lean to your own understanding. I have asked you to call upon me when you are weary and I have declared that I will give you rest. I have asked you to pray. I have asked you be strong. I have asked you to be courageous. I have said that I will never forsake you. I have asked you to believe that my ways are higher than your ways. I have asked you to believe that those who wait on me will have their strength renewed. I have asked you not to grow weary in well doing because in due season you will reap. I have asked you to believe that every day of your life has already been ordained by me. But I have never asked for you to figure it out on your own.”

And so while I don’t know, God knows.
We are not expected to figure things out. God is in control. And so I will stop trying to figure things out and just let God...

 Every Sunday we take an "off to church picture." This road we take is going to be a difficult one, but I am glad that we have Jesus by our side!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the church doesn't need any more coffee bars

All is well

Heaven just gained an amazing man (Melchor Lira 1985-2017)