What if we were real?

What if we were real?

What if we were honest?

What if we weren't scared of taking off the mask?

What if we could express how we really felt inside?

What if we could let people know that we really don't feel strong?

What if we could let them know that we really don't know how we are going to make it through the situation we are facing?

What if we felt comfortable enough to let the tears fall down our cheeks?

What if instead of forcing that smile on our face we could just be real?

What if we could honestly say that we feel as though everything is falling apart?

What if we didn't have to feel the need to have it all together?

What if??????????????????????????????????????????

Instead we do put on that mask. We smile. We laugh. We act like everything is great.

But today, I take that mask off. And while it is a mask I wear in front of people, it is also a mask I put up with God.

But today I take it off.

I am scared.
I am tired.
I am drained.
I feel depleted.
I am weak.

(This is exhausting)


And I ask God why? Why my family? Why my husband? Why?
And I ask God how? How are we going to make it? How are things going to work out? How?
And I ask God when? When is this going to end? When is our life going to return to the way it used to be? When?

And I begin to remind God of His promises, even though He doesn't need a reminder.

I remind Him that He said He would never leave us nor forsake us.
I remind Him that He said all things will work together for the good.
I remind Him that He said He has a plan and a purpose for our life.
I remind Him that He said He would take care of our needs.
I remind Him that He said He loved us.

And I am real. I allow God to see my tears. I allow Him to see my pain. I allow God to see my hurt.

I am real because I know He isn't going to perceive it as a lack of trust. He isn't going to take it as a sign of rebellion. He isn't going to look at it as me turning my back on Him.

I am real because He is my Heavenly Father and He cares about me. I am real because He shed His blood on a cross because He loves me. I am real because I know that it is God who will wipe my tears. I know it is God who will give me a peace again. I am real because I know it is God who will restore my strength. I am real because I know it is God who will give me the comfort I so desperately need. I am real because I know it doesn't offend God that I am real.

What if we were real?

II Corinthians 12:10
"And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the church doesn't need any more coffee bars

All is well

Heaven just gained an amazing man (Melchor Lira 1985-2017)