my umbrella in the midst of the storm

I will trust you.

Life is getting difficult right now.

But I will trust you.

Things aren't working according to my schedule,

But I will trust you.

The doors I thought would open this year haven't,

But I will trust you.

We got thrown a curve-ball,

But I will trust you.

I don't understand what is going on,

But I will trust you.

I will trust you

Because I know you love me.

I will trust you

Because I know that you care about me.

I will trust you

Because I know that you have not abandoned me.

I will trust you

Because I know that you have not forgotten me.

I will trust you

Because I know that in my darkest times, you are right besides me.

I will trust you

Because I know that even though I don't know what tomorrow holds, you know every day of my life.

I will trust you

Because you are God.

I will trust you.

I am weak. And I am weary. I am exhausted. And I am drained.

But I will trust you.

I will serve you. I will love you. I will walk on this path because I know you are right besides me.

I know that when I cry, you hear me. I know when tears fall down my face, they don't go unnoticed. I know that when I am hurting, you are comforting.

And I know that you speak to me. I know that in the darkest time of my life you are not remaining silent.

And I will trust you.

But I need you God.

I need to feel your arms surround me. I need to feel your fingers wipe the tears from my face. I need to hear your words of encouragement.

I need you God.

Nobody else will do. I need you.

I need your comfort. I need your peace. I need your strength. I need your joy. I need your provision. I need your help.

Because I don't understand.

I don't understand why we have to walk down this road. I don't understand why my family has to endure this pain. I don't understand the purpose. I don't understand the plan. I don't understand.

But I do know that you love me. I do know that you see my every thought and hear my every prayer. I do know that when I put on the mask in front of others, you see true feelings I am hiding. I do know that even on the days I don't feel you near, you haven't left my side. I do know that even on the days, where I don't hear your voice, you are right beside me. I do know that we are not just another face in the crowd that you know us.

And so I picture you

as my umbrella in the midst of the storm. It is raining. The storm is pounding. The wind is blowing. The lightening is striking. And the thunder is booming. But I picture you as my umbrella protecting me.

And I can hear you tell me

"You will make it. You are not alone. I am your comfort. I am your peace. I am your strength. I will help you endure. When you are drained and weary, I will give you rest. I will never abandon you."

And so I trust you...


 This is how our life feels right now: cloudy with a 100% chance of terrible thunderstorms. Yet in the midst of the storm, He is there.

Comments

Popular Posts