Can you speak a little louder God?

Can you speak a little louder God?

I can't hear you past my tears. I can't hear you past my pain. I can't hear you past these fears. I can't hear you past my cries.

Can you speak a little louder God?

The storm hasn't ceased. The wind roars. The rain is pounding. The earth is shaking.

Can you speak a little louder God?

I can't hear you past my situation. I can't hear you through this despair I find myself in. I can't hear you past my hurt.

Can you speak a little louder God?

I know you gave me encouragement yesterday but I need more today.
I know you strengthened me and renewed me before but I need more today.
I know you comforted me before but I am full of sorrow again.
I know you gave me words of promise before but I need to hear them again.

Can you speak a little louder God?

I am having a hard time seeing the end.
I am having a hard time seeing past the prison we find ourselves in.

Can you speak a little louder God?

Can you remind me that everything is going to be okay?
Can you uplift me?
Can you wipe away my tears?
Can you embrace me?

Can you speak a little louder God?

I am holding on. But I am crying out for help because I don't want to fall.

Can you speak a little louder God?

Because it isn't getting easier.

I know you are there. I know you haven't left me. I trust in you. I believe in you.

But I need you to speak a little louder because it hurts. I am drained. I am depleted.

Can you speak a little louder God?

I need your voice to restore me. I need your voice to replenish me. I need your voice to encourage me. I need your voice to strengthen me. I need your voice to love me.

Because I am hurting.

And I need you to speak a little louder. Let your voice drown out mine. Let your voice take away those thoughts that I can't shake. Let your voice replace the agony I find myself in.

Can you speak a little louder God?


Comments