Dear Cancer

Dear Cancer,

You suck. You suck the life out of people. You suck the finances out of bank accounts. You suck out the ability to plan for one's future. You suck all the strength a person has.

You cause tears to fall. You cause hearts to break in pain. You cause life to stand still. You cause sleepless nights. You cause exhaustion. You cause depletion.  

You cause people to have to choose. Do I go to work today and get paid? Or do I take an unpaid day off to spend time with my loved one who is sitting alone in a hospital bed? Do I spend the night with my children who are too young to understand why their dad isn't at home? Or I do spend the night in the hospital so my husband isn't alone? 

You create financial instability. You cause families to lose income. You make spouses to stay up late at night looking at the finances wondering how the amount in the bank account is going to last. You force expenses to grow. You create financial uncertainty.

You have made life stop for families. You have prevented families from planning their future. You have prevented vacations. You have prevented little league sign-ups. You have prevented spontaneous trips. You have prevented care-free days. You have prevented family dinners. You have prevented so many things.

You are all consuming. You never go away. You are cruel and ruthless. Even when the cancer cells disappear you force families to endure lengthy chemotherapy treatments. You make life unbearable at times. There are no time-out's. There is no pause button. You keep going and going.

But cancer please take note you do not win. You will not defeat us. You will not cut us down. You entered our life 10 months ago but we are still standing. You entered the body of an amazing husband, father, son, sibling and friend but you will not get the victory.

Cancer you try to not only destroy the body but you try to destroy a person's relationship with God. But I know that we will never give up. I know we will never back down. I know that we will never throw in the towel. There will never be a day where we don't praise. There will never be a time when we don't worship. There will never be a time when we don't acknowledge that God is good and He is good all of the time. There will never be a moment where we walk away from our relationship with God. There might be times when we are crawling to the altar, but we will crawl. There might be times when it takes all the strength in the world to make it to the House of God, but we are going to make it to the House of God. There may be times when tears are falling down our face because of the pain we are enduring, but praises will still be given to God. 

I might be crying. I might be in pain. I might be hurting. But I know the Author of my story. I know the Creator of this universe. I know the One who knows my name. I  know that God holds our life in His hands. I know that no matter how long this journey is God will not leave us. I know that with every tear that is shed, His loving arms embrace us. I know that even though our heart is in pain, God will mend it. I know that even though we can't see the end, God will be with us every step we take. I know that when we are strength-less, God will give us strength. I know when we are in despair, God will give us peace. I know when tears stain our pillow, God will comfort us. I know when we are racked with fear, God will give us assurance. I know when we feel as though we cannot take one more step, God will lift us up and carry us. I know that God will be by our side every day of this nightmare. I know that when we don't know how we will get through it, God will encourage us. 




So cancer, take note you don't win. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the church doesn't need any more coffee bars

All is well

Heaven just gained an amazing man (Melchor Lira 1985-2017)