I told God I couldn't take another step

There are some days I feel as though I can't take another step.
I feel as though no matter how hard I try, one foot will not go in front of the other.
I feel paralyzed and stuck.
I don't have the strength. I don't have the courage. I don't have whatever it takes to take another step.

I feel depleted. I feel exhausted. I feel drained.
I feel as though this fight has gone on for one too many rounds.
I feel as though this mountain has grown taller since we first began the climb.
I feel as though this valley has grown longer and deeper since we first began the journey.

I feel as though the tears are blocking the view.
I feel as though the heartache is all consuming.
I feel as though the pain has grown deeper with each passing month.

And so I tell God "I can't take another step."
I can't move from the place I am standing.
I can't go forward.
I don't have the energy to fight.
I don't have the strength to carry on.

It is not from a lack of faith, I know that He will get us through.
It is not from a lack of trust, our dependence is still on Him.

I am just tired.
I am just exhausted.
I am just weak.

And so I tell God "I can't take another step."
But I am not giving up.
I am not quitting.
I am not throwing in the towel.

But I ask God to take that step towards me.
I ask Him to pick me up from where my feet have planted themselves.
I ask Him to to give me fuel for this journey.
I ask Him to pick me up from where I seem to have fallen.
I ask Him to carry me for a little bit.
I ask Him to hold my hand.
I ask Him to walk towards me.

Because I feel as though I can't take another step.

But I know if He picks me up the strength will return.
I know if He holds my hand the peace will be restored.
I know if He carries me for a bit I will be able to make it.
I know He will help me climb the mountain.
I know He will help me endure the journey.
I know He will get us through the valley.

And I know He will help me take one more step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the church doesn't need any more coffee bars

All is well

Heaven just gained an amazing man (Melchor Lira 1985-2017)