Our life changed but God remained the same

Almost 365 days ago our life changed. My husband and father of two was diagnosed with cancer. Life as we lived it was turned upside down. Our plans for the future were place on hold.

Almost 365 days ago our two income home became a one income home.

Almost 365 days ago the plans my husband had to transfer to the local 4 year university were crushed.

Almost 365 days ago our plans to sell our house and move into our dream home was destroyed.

Almost 365 days ago we were told, while on vacation, that my husband had cancer. Since then my husband has spent 150 days in the hospital. He has received platelet transfusions, blood transfusions, shots to boost his WBC and cycle after cycle of chemotherapy.

Almost 365 days ago my toddlers had to experience separation as my husband spends two weeks in the hospital at a time getting chemo. They've had to learn what white blood cells do and learn what chemotherapy is. Their innocent childhood has been turned upside down as they have to see their dad hooked up to IV'S dripping chemo into his body.

Almost 365 days ago, our life was changed but God has remained the same. Although we were devastated by the diagnosis, it did not take God by surprise. And although life as we lived it was destroyed our trust in God remained the same.

There have been tears. There has been pain. Our heart has felt shattered. Some days I wondered if I had the strength to take another step. I have felt depleted at times. I have felt weary some days.

But through it all I have felt God's loving arms. When I have been weak, I felt His strength. When I have been full of sorrow, I felt His comfort. When I have been overwhelmed, I felt His peace. When I have been in pain, I have felt His arms so gently wrapped around me.

Our life changed, but God has remained the same. 365 days ago I sat in a hospital room with tears streaming down my eyes, but God's promises have remained fulfilled. He hasn't left us. His love has carried us through the darkest days. His provision has seen us through.

He is God. And that is all I need.



Comments