Unless God intervenes....

Malachi and Hannah adore their daddy. Since last Sunday when we came home from the hospital I have witnessed my kids cuddle so close to their dad as we get ready to go to bed. I have seen them crawl on his lap and lay on his chest. 


And with tears down my eyes I think "unless God intervenes"

Because I witness the exhaustion of my husband. I have seen his body fight so hard against this disease. I have seen him cry as the doctor told us a bone marrow transplant is necessary. And every day I see as the exhaustion grows.


And I cry because we are in an "unless God intervenes situation"

Unless God intervenes my husband will not be there for my son's high school graduation. He won't be able to teach him how to tie a tie. He won't be there cheering on sporting events. He won't be there when my son falls in love. He won't be there to instill in him Biblical values.


Unless God intervenes

Unless God intervenes my husband won't be there to walk my daughter walk down the aisle. He won't be there to wipe her tears. He won't be there to let her know how beautiful and smart she is. He won't be there to teach her how to read. He won't be there to teach her that there is no love that compares to the love of God.


Unless God intervenes

Unless God intervenes my husband wont be there to hold my hand. He won't be there to hug me. He won't be there to listen to my dreams and calm any fears I have. He won't be there to let me know how much he loves me.

Unless God intervenes I will be forced to be a single parent. Unless God intervenes my kids will be robbed a dad. Unless God intervenes.Unless God intervenes I'm going to find myself planning a funeral. Unless God intervenes I am going to have to tell my children their dad won't be with them anymore. Unless God intervenes I am going find myself with a broken shattered heart.

That's the position we are in right now. Most people don't find themselves in an "unless God intervenes situations." Most people aren't waiting for that one person to register to be a bone marrow donor so that their spouse can live. Most people don't find themselves in the position where a miracle is absolutely the only thing that will get you through.

Yet that's the position we are in. We are in an "unless God intervenes position."

Unless God intervenes there won't be anymore date nights or family vacations. Unless God intervenes birthdays and holidays will be incredibly painful. Unless God intervenes we will only have memories.

Unless God intervenes....

There are a lot of "unless God intervenes" in the Bible


Had God not intervened the walls of Jericho would have remained standing. Joseph would have remained in prison. David would have stayed in the wilderness. Hannah, Sarah and Elizabeth would have remained barren. The Jewish people would have been destroyed by Haman's plot. The 3 Hebrew Boys would have died in the fiery pit. Daniel would have been consumed by the lion. And Gideon's army would have been defeated.
Unless God intervened. And He did intervene. He stepped in. He did what man could not do. He performed the miracle. And He still performs miracles today. My family finds ourselves in an "unless God intervenes" situation. And it is not fun. It hurts. 

But the same God who spoke life into existence can heal my husband. The same God who rose from the dead can perform a miracle in our life. The same God who was there with Joseph in prison, David in the wilderness, the 3 Hebrew Boys in the fiery pit and Daniel in the lion's den is with my family today. 

The same God we read about in the Bible is real today. He has not lost His power. He has not lost His ability. He healed in the past and He heals today. 



Psalm 43:5 "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!"

 So if you haven't already registered to be a donor please do so.
 You can do it by going to your local blood center. 
You can do it by registering at https://join.bethematch.org/matchmel

You can save my husband's life. And if you aren't a match for my husband you can be the match for someone else. Because they have a story. And they have a name. And their life is a life worth saving. 


Here is the link to our FB page https://www.facebook.com/prayersformelchor/
And a link to our gofundme pagehttps://www.gofundme.com/melchorlira



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the church doesn't need any more coffee bars

All is well

Heaven just gained an amazing man (Melchor Lira 1985-2017)