Would you still say yes?

Some people want to be used BY God if it means platform, position or prestige. But what if God told you that He wanted to use you but it would require pain, tears and times where you wouldn't understand the purpose? Would you still say "I am available, use me?" Many people want to be used by God if it means applause, recognition and acceptable. But what if God told you that He wanted to use you but it would require you to climb the tallest mountain? What if God told you that He was going to use you but you would have to endure the driest season of your life? What if He told you that He was going to use you and place you in a position where Satan would taunt you and try to convince you that God was nowhere to be found? Would you still say "I am available?" What if God told you there wasn't going to be recognition but there was going to be a prison like situation like Joseph had? A wilderness like situation like David endured? A den full of lions like Daniel faced? A period of barrenness like Hannah had? Would you still say "I am available?" What if GOD said there wasn't going to be a microphone in your hand, there wasn't going to be a platform to stand and there wasn't going to be applause but rather there was going to be a cancer diagnosis, there was going to be a period of financial instability, there was going to be a season of closed doors rather than opened ones?

Would you still say "I am available?" What if God said that He was going to use you but you would endure the most difficult period of your life? What if He said that the season would last months and possibly years? What if He said the storm clouds would hover and the rain would pound? Would you still say "I am available?" What if He said that people would question whether you had sin in your life? What if He said that people wouldn't envy you but they would feel sorry for you? What if He said you wouldn't be surrounded by the multitude but you would endure a period of loneliness? Would you still say "I am available?"

What if GOD, in the midst of the trial, offered you to get off the train? What if HE said "the purpose hasn't been fulfilled yet but I know it hurts and you can exit?" What if He said "the plan hasn't come to pass yet but I will use someone else?" Would you get off? Would you exit? Would you change your mind about being used by God? Would you be content with just sitting on the pews so you wouldn't have to endure the pain?  What if God said the pain would be brutal and the heartache crushing but through your trial multitudes would come to know Him? What if HE told you that your season of brokenness and barrenness was ministering to more than people than if you had a microphone in your hand speaking behind a pulpit? What if He said that while others may have their names in lights and may have recognition wherever they go your infirmity was restoring those who are wayward? Would you still say "I am still available?"

What if in the midst of the pain God stops speaking? What if He stays silent? What if He doesn't explain the purpose? What if HE doesn't tell you the end? Would you still say you are available?" What if the situation gets worse would you still praise God? What if it seems as though the land is barren and there is no water in sight would you still live for God?


I am available God. Though it hurts I am available. Though tears have been my nourishment I am available. Though it seems as though you are silent I am available. Though I don't understand I am available. Though I don't know how the story is going to end I am available. Though I am not holding a microphone and I don't have recognition and my name is not known to many I am available. Though my heart is breaking I am available. Though the situation seems to be getting worse I am available. Though the pain is intense and the land seems so barren I am available. I believe there is a purpose in this pain. I believe there is a plan in this heartache.

You can use me God. Even though it may hurt you can use me God. Even though I may shed tears you can use me God. Even though there may times when you chose not to speak you can use me God.

You can use me. I won't get off the train even if you stop for me. I won't quit though the mountain is tall. I won't give in though the terrain is harsh.

I am still available God.

Comments